Bindery Operator: Folder, 26” or 40”
Non-Exempt Reports to Bindery Manager
All bindery personnel, regardless of size or complexity of equipment, are expected to:
- Run job only after checking printed piece to Spinjet or printed sample marked as proof.
- Operate their equipment in an efficient and productive manner
- Adhere to job specifications
- Meet job schedules
- Meet established quality metrics
- Minimize spoilage
- Provide daily and basic maintenance on machines
- Operate machines in a safe manner
- Keep work areas neat and clean
- Set up and operate various folding machines
- Requires versatile set ups according to job specifications
- Load paper. Produce quality samples. Manage job to the estimate timelines and to the final count needed, with in identified spoilage tolerances.
Critical skills, knowledge, and behaviors
- Able to proficiently run the assigned equipment in a productive and safe manner after training
- Proficient in basic computer skills (will log time in on jobs)
- Able to read, interpret and use visual instructions in order to perform required work, such as job tickets
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Able to think logically and analytically
- Can troubleshoot and solve problems
- Orientation towards producing quality work
- Proactive in anticipating and altering others to problems with projects or processes
- High detail orientation
- Take initiative and needs little supervision.
- Able to prioritize, organize tasks and time, and follow up. Performs responsibilities efficiently and timely
- Able to juggle multiple requests and meet multiple deadlines. Able to work well in a team environment and as part of a team.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma
- Prefer 1-3 years experience in warehouse type of work
- Manual dexterity for operating machines
- Physical movements including bending, stooping, and lifting up to 20 pounds. Will require long periods of standing.
- Work is performed in a production shop environment. Heat and cold variances.
If you meet the above requirements, and you're interested in joining a great team, please email your qualifications to Max Phillips, VP of Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us HERE.