Several years back, HPG began to look at our carbon footprint. We decided to make sustainability a part of our mission, each year finding new ways to become cleaner and greener.
Today we are delighted to find that we’ve become an industry leader for environmentally conscious practices. Here’s what we’ve accomplished to date:
- 1st business in Indiana to purchase 100% green power (5th business nationwide)*
- 1st printer in Indiana to purchase 100% Green Power*
- 1 of only 3 businesses in Indiana to purchase 100% Green Power*
- Ranked 10th in the United States for top annual green power purchases among printers*
- Have a closed loop reuse & recycle system for fountain solutions so waste is not sent into the septic system.
- Use 2% VOC soy inks (which are recycled) reducing our air emissions such that we no longer require an air permit.
- Recycle plastic waste, shrink-wrap material and plastic drink bottles.
- Recycle cardboard, aluminum cans, metal from skid bands, and office paper.
- Eliminated Styrofoam cups in our building.
- Established recycling program for employees’ material from home.
- In 2010, HPG’s green power purchases avoided 4,659 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions.*
At HardingPoorman Group, we’re pleased with our progress, but we’re not done yet. We continue to explore new, healthy strategies to keep Indiana healthier and greener.