It seems like years ago that Indianapolis hosted the NFL SuperBowl, but in fact, it’s just been a little over 6 months. Those of us at HardingPoorman Group enjoyed taking an active part in the wonderful success of the SuperBowl, so we took pleasure in this SuperBowl recap from the 2012 Indianapolis SuperBowl Committee. We thought you might find it interesting, too.
Indy SuperBowl fun facts:
- 300,000 “Super Fan” maps printed by HPG welcomed guests and helped direct visitors around the SuperBowl City
- 13,026 Super Scarves that were handmade by volunteers including many from HPG as well as from 45 other states, and four countries (England, Canada, South Africa, and Belguim.)
- 7,000 Super Baskets of Hope were packed and stored in HPG by 900 volunteers including many from our staff. The baskets were delivered to 32 NFL cities to aid critically ill children in hospitals.
- Total visitors to the Super Bowl Village = 1,105,000
- Over 49,000 Twitter followers and Facebook fans were online just before kickoff
- One day before the SuperBowl, texting peaked at 2,501 recipients receiving text updates
- 10 homes were impacted thru Rebuilding Together initiative on the near Eastside on Friday, Feb 3, 2012
Because HPG strives to be a green printer, we were pleased that the Indianapolis SuperBowl was the most earth-friendly SuperBowl game yet with:
- 1.4 million pounds of carbon offset with our 1st green environmental initiative
- 141 tons of recyclable material recovered by Republic Waste Services
- 19,000 pounds of cardboard, paper and other recyclable materials were collected by RecycleForce from the Host committee office and Volunteer distribution center
As one of Indy’s largest commercial printers, and an industry leader for environmentally conscious practices, we are proud of our city, our company and our dedicated staff.